Monday, September 24, 2007

Bear Problem or People Problem?

I love bears. They are beautiful creatures and it is amazing to view them in their natural habitat, which is why I keep writing and posting pictures relating to bear culture and management...because I find that most people I meet are sorely misinformed when it comes to the black bears that are native to California.

I’ve seen a lot of articles this year on problem bears because of the dry conditions in the west, like this one.

I’d like to see more articles like this recent piece in the Mammoth Times.

Living in Yosemite National Park for three years, and the Sierra Nevada for twelve years, I’ve come to learn that more often than not, when bears get in trouble, it’s a people problem, not a bear problem. This Mammoth Times article sheds a lot of light on that truth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home